TEDCO Business Support Ltd won North Tyneside Council’s recent tender to deliver The Business Factory Programme (Made in North Tyneside) for the period from January 2022 to June 2023.
Applications are now invited to tender for the role of Specialist Consultant to deliver one-to-one client support and regular workshops.
The specialisms identified in this tender document are based on the topics which have been most popular with clients in the last two years, alongside more recent enquiries for additional business support in North Tyneside.
This tender is for the provision of Specialist Consultancy support for new and existing businesses in North Tyneside to assist with business growth, diversifaction and development.
The service will offer advice in the specified areas to newly started, micro, small, medium and high growth businesses and cover from the fundamentals to an in-depth analysis of each topic being offered as well as being able to assist with specific queries issues or problems.
The aim of the service is to support businesses from ‘end to end’ for example to setting up a business with the confidence and knowledge or complete an application for a loan to diversify or extend current business portfolio of goods and services to trade through the current climate.
The Specialist Consultancy support is integrated into a wider programme of enterprise activities which are delivered under the Business Factory branding.
Specification of requirements:
TEDCO wishes to engage with several suppliers to deliver Specialist Consultancy support to pre-start, new and existing businesses in North Tyneside. The service will be offered free of charge to eligible individuals and businesses and suppliers would be required to deliver both one to one and one to many support in the following specialist areas:
- Marketing including online support – writing of adverts and e-news letters
- PR including support with the writing of press releases and media distribution
- Branding advice and support plus logo design
- Social media including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Google and e-commerce platforms
- Commercial property leasing and basic planning advice such as change of use
- Procurement – support with accessing tendering opportunities and North Tyneside Dynamic Purchasing System and the NEPO portal etc
- Accounts including bookkeeping and tax returns, business & financial planning
- Human Resources support eg recruitment and employment law
- Business Strategy and Sales eg accessing new markets and online selling
- Sustainability building a sustainable business
- Franchising such as how it works and which to choose
Specialist Consultants will be paid at a rate of £60 per hour.
The contract will be awarded to two suppliers in each specialism and there is no guarantee of business as it will depend on client demand.
Proposals are invited from businesses of all sizes, including sole traders.
Proposals must include:
An organisation or individual profile, including legal status, company registration number, year established, VAT number and principal areas of business activity.
Confirmation that you have the appropriate insurances and to what level.
Confirmation that you comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Confirmation that you comply with Equality and Diversity legislation.
Which specialism/s you are tendering for.
A detailed description of your knowledge and capability and your proposal to meet the requirements.
A breakdown of the support packages and the timescales to deliver eg. ½ day, 1day, 3day etc.
Ability to commit to deliver allocated client one-to-one support within 6 weeks from allocation of support to completion.
Experience of undertaking similar activities, with at least 3 examples.
A copy of your Sustainability Policy.
Any additional benefits that you feel you can demonstrate.
Proposed approach and methodology, including clear understanding of the tender requirement – 50%
Demonstrable experience of delivering similar activities – 30 %
Additional Value Added – 20%