Our guest presenter is Deb Tweedy of Hadrian HR Business Services Limited who heads up the company’s employment and HR joint services team who are dedicated to providing no-nonsense advice.
The team at Hadrian are quite unique in that they have a team of qualified employment professionals, who can confidently advise on all employment and HR matters. Collectively the team have over 40 years combined experience.
The Masterclass will cover topics that will in turn provide support to SMEs within the North East, ensuring companies implement professional Employment and HR practices; such practices designed to ensure businesses have a safety net to protect them from dealing with costly employment disputes.
Some of the key questioned answered:
• How do I go about advertising a job role?
• Do I need to advertise both internally and externally?
• How do I avoid discriminating during the recruitment process?
• What do I need to include in the advert / job description?
• How do I ensure that the candidate is the correct cultural fit?
• Is it necessary to provide a statement of particulars or employment contract?
• What are the risks of not providing a written statement?
• At what stage should the statement be provided?
• Will a statement fully protect my business?
• What happens if I find out someone is not suitable within the probationary period? What procedures should I follow?
• Do I need to follow strict procedures within the first 2 years of employment?
• What benefits / rewards should I provide my employee?
• How can I ensure I am paying / rewarding my employee properly, without the risk of them moving elsewhere?
• How can I become an employer of choice?
November 2018 – Darlington
Tuesday 27th November, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Business Central Darlington, DL1 1GL