Digital Track Programme
“The advance of technology is based on making it fit in so that you don’t really even notice it, so it’s part of everyday life.” Bill Gates, Co-founder of Microsoft
You know that idea that keeps you awake at night? It’s the one where you wish you had the digital knowledge to progress, because it deserves a place in everyday life but HEY, how on earth would you ever make it happen?
Well, if you fancy yourself as a bit of a techpreneur*, you could explore your idea with the support of business and digital experts on this fully-funded short course.
* An entrepreneur who starts and manages their own technology business
Successful applicants will have a business idea that involves digital technology. The programme is for people who don’t already run a business but would like to (if you do already run a business, ping us an email anyway – to firstname.lastname@example.org – as there are other programmes elsewhere for you). This one ideal for those who can flex their day time commitments.
What’s included in the Digital Track Programme?
- Weekly Online Interactive Group Sessions with digital expert Laura Dawson covering:
- Brand and Sales Development
- Process mapping/innovation and diversification product design
- Marketing strategy – blogging (and SEO), podcasting, social media and paid ads
- Cash flow management/business finance/fintech
- Digitalisation of business service v sale /productivity digitisation/automation of systems
- ESG – net-zero sustainability, inclusion and diversity
- Pitching for investment
- One-to-one business support with your own mentor
- Peer Group support – let’s lift each other up!
- Online workbooks and resources
Access to start-up support once you’re on track and ready to start your business
- A researched and clearly defined Digital Project ready to action
- An understanding of what your product or service means to you and your customers
- The tools to engage others in belief and action
Dedicate yourself fully and you’ll be much closer to getting your idea out to market. The commitment is just 4 interactive learning sessions. The sessions are delivered remotely via Zoom in a cost-effective, time efficient and low carbon manner. That means whether you’re near Tweedmouth, Tynemouth or Kielder Water, you’ll gain encouragement and confidence in your own space. We think it’s important to meet too, so you’ll be invited to some community events too.
Apply today so we can review your application and let you know if it’s been successful in due course.
Exclusively for people who live in North Tyneside, Newcastle or Northumberland, the programme is delivered by TEDCO Business Support Limited and it is funded by North of Tyne Combined Authority.
Laura is a multi award winning Social Media and Digital Marketing Strategist and Business Advisor with over 10 years experience in running and scaling online and offline startups from ecommerce to tech and all industries in between. Laura successfully runs her own digital businesses and loves to coach others to do the same.