HMRC Partner Products and Services
HMRC know that most Small & Medium Enterprises want to get things right but may need help to do so. We particularly want to help customers as they face key business life events, including starting in business, taking on an employee, registering for VAT, importing/ exporting and incorporation. To aid this our Partner Service offers:
These are tailored online presentations for your members that can be run weekly/ monthly/ quarterly, depending on the numbers attending, as part of a regular programme or as ‘pick and mix days’, if you’re running an event over a day. You can choose the subject(s) from our extensive menu of options and, as they’re live, your customers can interact with HMRC and ask questions.
Regular and varied communications
- • Key Messages which feature important and widespread information from across HMRC.
- • Information emails, these link to help and support for a particular or timely theme, for example Self Assessment or the Budget, or to new or topical services and products.
- • E-learning packages for self- employed customers and employers. Starting your own business for the self-employed covers all aspects of starting and growing a business. Becoming an employer deals with taking on and paying employees. Thousands of businesses have already used these and found they’re a great way of learning.
- • A range of webinars. These enable customers to attend a seminar at a time to suit them. We have both live and pre-recorded webinars covering a range of topics. Customer feedback tells us that these are a good way to get started.
- • A selection of short videos on YouTube covering subjects such as Registering as Self-Employed, PAYE, Record Keeping and Construction Industry. These are a really useful way to get a quick overview on various subjects.
- • Business help and education emails is a free service to provide customers with emails from HMRC that are tailored to their needs. They are designed to help customers understand what they need to do and how to get it right first time.
- • Record keeping for mobile devices will enable customers to access apps to help make life a little easier for busy people on the go. A ready reckoner is also available to help customers budget for their first tax bill and our tax help fact sheets are a good source of straightforward guidance that customers can download from our website.
- • @HMRC Business Help is a Twitter account designed to provide help to business. We tweet about our educational products, upcoming tax matters and online guidance. Followers can also ask us general queries via twitter, but we cannot discuss any individual’s specific tax issues.
HM Revenue & Customs – HMRC e-learning courses
Starting your own business? Got a lot of questions about tax, National Insurance, business records and expenses? If so, these HMRC e-learning courses are for you.
How long does it take?
It’s entirely up to you. You can work through the learning at your own pace and at a time that suits you. You don’t need to do it all in one go, you can dip in and out as you need it and even come back to it at a later date.
Watch HMRC tax information videos on YouTube
You will find lots of ‘bite-sized’ tax information videos on HMRC’s YouTube pages. If you need reassurance, quick help or are just interested in finding out more about a subject like statutory payments then this may be the option for you.
Online seminars for businesses and the self-employed
Webinars are free online presentations that enable you to attend a seminar without leaving your desk. HMRC offers a wide variety of live and pre-recorded webinars on subjects such as business expenses for the self-employed, operating PAYE in real time, statutory sick pay, VAT awareness and many more.